Originally formed as Cedar Lake Honey in 2013 and re-imagined as Crafted Honey Company in 2016, we are a small-but-growing family owned business that produces 100% pure and raw, small-batch honey varietals. With so many choices on the market today, and vibrant debate over our global food system, you might ask.... why Crafted?
OUR HONEY IS:
- 100% pure, raw and unpasteurized, retaining vibrant flavors that range from caramel to fruity and spicy to floral – every batch is unique
- Produced and bottled in small batches – single origin varietals and seasonal wildflower blends, fully traceable from individual hives within our bee yards
- Sustainably farmed, responsibly crafted – our raw honey is Certified Naturally Grown and produced using Certified Bee Friendly methods
OUR HIVES ARE:
- Located on farms and in forested areas that are not treated with pesticides and provide an abundance of biodiverse natural resources
- Located in the foothills of North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains – an ecologically rich area with a culture of farmers, foodies and families who care about where and how their food is sourced
- Not chemically treated due our sustainable beekeeping practices and the hardiness of the Russian honeybee Carefully handled with bee welfare in mind
Driven by a passion to produce quality products that are healthy, transparent and sustainable, we rally around the central belief that our food system is best when nature is allowed to run its course without interference. Our honey is a manifestation of those beliefs, and as we introduce new products, you can bet they will be too. Crafted has big dreams – from products such as lip balms and saddle soaps, to creating partnerships with creameries and breweries, to offering services such as backyard hives and mobile processing – you will be sure to see our name pop up in both expected and unlikely places.
Buy online, follow us on Facebook, or get in touch with questions and comments.
– The Crew at Crafted